In episode 58 of America Adapts, Doug Parsons talks with author and lecturer Elizabeth Rush, of Brown University. Elizabeth is the author of the upcoming book, Rising – Dispatches from the New American Shore. Topics discussed in this episode:
- What is ‘creative non-fiction.’
- Elizabeth explains how humans have or don’t have the emotional resilience to respond to climate change
- Writing “adaptation metaphors.”
- Narrative devices like “The Hero’s Journey” to make climate change resonate.
- The emerging role of Cli- Fi, climate science fiction.
- And much more!
Subscribe/listen to podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Facebook and Twitter:
Subscribe to America Adapts on Apple Podcasts
On Google Play here.
Please share on Facebook!
On Twitter: @usaadapts
Essays by Elizabeth located here: http://elizabethrush.net/
America Adapts also has its own app for your listening pleasure! Just visit the App store on Apple or Google Play on Android and search “America Adapts.”
Join the climate change adaptation movement by supporting America Adapts! Please consider supporting this podcast by donating through America Adapts fiscal sponsor, the Social Good Fund. All donations are now tax deductible!
Podcast Music produce by Richard Haitz Productions
Write a review on Itunes!
America Adapts on Facebook!
Join the America Adapts Facebook Community Group.
Check us out, we’re also on YouTube!
Producer Dan Ackerstein
Subscribe to America Adapts on Itunes
Doug can be contacted at americaadapts @ g mail . com