In episode 60 of America Adapts, Doug Parsons talks with Jeff Goodell of Rolling Stone magazine about his new book, The Water Will Come: Rising Seas, Sinking Cities, and the Remaking of the Civilized World.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Jeff discusses the reception of his new climate change book, The Water Will Come.
- Jeff and Doug discuss the reaction from the development community in south Florida to Jeff’s book.
- Jeff explains the history of Rolling Stone Magazine’s reporting of climate change issues.
- Jeff explains the extreme measures that Venice, Italy is taking to adapt to rising seas.
- Doug and Jeff talk about the challenges of addressing climate change in the Trump era.
- And meet the new America Adapts intern, Alex Stocksdale!
Subscribe/listen to podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Facebook and Twitter:
Subscribe to America Adapts on Apple Podcasts
On Google Play here.
Please share on Facebook!
Links in episode:
Listen to Doug talk science communication on the Speak Up for Blue podcast!
America Adapts also has its own app for your listening pleasure! Just visit the App store on Apple or Google Play on Android and search “America Adapts.”
Join the climate change adaptation movement by supporting America Adapts! Please consider supporting this podcast by donating through America Adapts fiscal sponsor, the Social Good Fund. All donations are now tax deductible!
Podcast Music produce by Richard Haitz Productions
Write a review on Itunes!
America Adapts on Facebook!
Join the America Adapts Facebook Community Group.
Check us out, we’re also on YouTube!
Producer Dan Ackerstein
Subscribe to America Adapts on Itunes
Doug can be contacted at americaadapts @ g mail . com